Custom Blog Design

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Paper Crafting with a Shadow Box Frame

I love shadow box frames! I have used them several places in my home. The first time I used a shadow box, I framed my husband's and my children's blessing outfits.
Then I made a shadow box for my husband for a Valentine's gift one year.
And now I made this shadow box frame for a fun family picture. 
You cannot tell from this picture, but everything is dimensional.
About a year ago, I took an online doodling class from Homegrown Hospitality and I absolutely love Stephanie's style. I copied her verse for the house in this frame - it was perfect! Stephanie is teaching doodling classes, so if you want to learn, check out Homegrown Hospitality
You can kinda tell from this picture that the house, tree and clouds are three layers of paper deep.  
This was one of the pictures that my friend Kristin Conk took last fall. I love that it is in front of an old church. Kristine is an awesome photographer! If you are in the Vegas area and need a great photographer you can find her on her website at  Kristin Conk Photography 
I know that the glare is too much to be able to read the verse in the house. The verse is:
"By wisdom a house is built,
and through understanding
it is established"
Proverbs 24:3 
The shadow box frame is an 8x10 frame and looks great on this little black easel.

Thank you Stephanie for your awesome talent!

5 comments:

  1. Great shadow boxes and great pictures!...
    Paper craft are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice shadow boxes!hope i can do one.www.tonerrefillstore.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, I really want to make shadow boxes for my boys blessing outfits. Where do you get your frames? I have a linky party going on monday hope you stop by.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really neat. The photograph is awesome. So beautiful are the blessing outfits.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The vibrant colors and the creativity you have put in worth applause. A must do Shadow Box Frames for your kids this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...