Custom Blog Design

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Super Easy Rolled Fabric Flower!

A while back I introduced you all to Ms. M. HERE and I told you that I like to dress her in pretty things, or dress her in appropriate clothing for each holiday! I had made her a necklace from really easy rolled fabric flowers.
Well, the flowers are super easy to make. So, I thought that I would put a "make shift" tutorial on how to make these really easy flowers.

Pick any fabric that you have laying around. 
Cut an inch and a half strip of the fabric. The longer the strip, the bigger the flower.
Fold the strip of fabric in half. I usually iron the fabric in place.
Ya, I know, this picture is not so good. I was trying to show that you just start rolling the fabric strip.  
Once you have rolled the fabric a few times, you start to twist your strip. 
Every so often put a dab of hot glue on the flower, just to hold the flower in place as you are twisting and turning the flower. 
The flower starts to get a bit bigger. 
As you get to the end, you will end up with a tail that is about 2 inches long.  Flip the flower over to the backside.
Dab some hot glue to the back side of the flower. 
Fold the tail to the back of the flower and press into the hot glue. Snip off the excess fabric.
That's it. Super easy! 

Once you have made a few flowers you can add them to just about anything, frames, scrapbook pages or simply put a magnet on the back of the flower and you have a great fridge magnet!
Here are a few necklaces that I made a while ago using the rolled fabric flowers. 
I like the black and aqua combo on this one! I also really like the black pearls! 
Here is another shot of the original necklace that I have on Ms. M. Notice how I put pearls and crystals on the flowers! This necklace was made with my favorite fabric, Heather Bailey.
This necklace is a lot of fun. It is made using fun fabric from Cosmo Cricket. YES, Cosmo Cricket makes fabric in the same patterns as their scrapbook paper! AWESOME! 
This little gem might just be my favorite! I love the dainty little flowers that lay nicely to the side.
Have a great hump day!

8 comments:

  1. lovely lovely:)..... great tutorial, even I might be able to do this:)..
    kisses:)))....
    M....

    ReplyDelete
  2. your flowers are so cute, I have got to try this! I hope that you will link it to my Show and Share Sunday linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-and-share-sunday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh i'be see alot of these done but not with pearls!!! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute. I love the mix of the pearls with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh! my goodness :o) These are sooo pretty! Yep...hard to decide which one is my favorite. Love the pearls with them.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    ...almost 1am in coastal Georgia...but had to get a little free blog time in...so fun to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful! How do you attach the flowers to the necklace?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable!! Thanks for the rosette tutorial too! :) AND of course, thanks for linking all your lovelies at Fancy This Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...